As a part of the natural aging process, your appearance undergoes many changes. Volume loss is a major culprit for the formation of a variety of pesky changes, such as fine lines and wrinkles. While it may feel like there is nothing you can do to combat these changes, injectable fillers are non-surgical tools that can help reduce volume loss and create a smoother appearance. These diverse treatments may also be used to enhance contours and for non-surgical lip augmentation. Explore the possibilities of fillers during a consultation with Dr. Michael Hanemann and his team at Hanemann Plastic Surgery in Baton Rouge, LA!
Table of Contents
- What are injectable fillers?
- What could I expect from a treatment session?
- Am I a Good Candidate?
- Schedule your consultation!
What Are Injectable Fillers?
Injectable fillers are non-surgical, minimally invasive treatments to enhance the appearance and smooth signs of aging. Volume loss naturally occurs as your body produces less collagen and is unable to provide your skin with as much support and structure. However, contours may be restored with the help of fillers.
Dr. Hanemann and his team offer the following JUVÉDERM® injectable fillers:
- JUVÉDERM ULTRA XC – JUVEDERM ULTRA XC can be used to reduce the appearance of facial folds and wrinkles. This filler may also be used to increase the size and shape of the lips.
- JUVÉDERM ULTRA PLUS XC – JUVEDERM ULTRA PLUS XC can be used to reduce volume loss by filling moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC – JUVEDERM VOLBELLA XC can be used for subtle volume increases in the lips to enhance shape or create balance. It can also be used to reduce the appearance of vertical lip lines for a softer appearance.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC – JUVEDERM VOLLURE XC can be used to smooth moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles by providing subtle volume increases.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC – JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC can be used to lift and contour the cheeks by increasing volume in the area.
A combination of injectable fillers may help you achieve your overall aesthetic goals, and our qualified team can help you determine what is best for you and your goals.
What Could I Expect from a Treatment Session?
Injectable fillers are administered in the comfort of our Baton Rouge office. Treatment sessions are typically short, but will vary on the areas treated as well as the severity of the concerns. There is little to no pain associated with treatment, but you may experience some pinching in the treatment area. Those fillers with “XC” are formulated with lidocaine, which helps manage and pain reduced with the injection experience.
Following your treatment session, you should be able to return to your normal daily activities. You may experience some minor swelling or bruising in the treatment area. While results will vary for each person, filler, and treatment area, many people begin enjoying results immediately after treatment. For most injectable fillers, results last for up to a year, and follow-up treatments may help achieve and maintain the best results.
Am I a Good Candidate?
Injectable fillers are a safe and effective treatment for most healthy adults seeking a way to enhance their appearance and reducing pesky signs of aging. A consultation with our team in Louisiana can help ensure this is the best treatment path for you. They can also help you select which type of filler may be best suited to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Schedule Your Consultation!
Interested in learning more about the benefits injectable fillers can offer? Contact us today at Hanemann Plastic Surgery and schedule your consultation with us in Baton Rouge, Louisiana! Dr. Michael Hanemann and his team are pleased to offer you a range of surgical and non-surgical treatments to help you look and feel your best.