Dr. Michael Hanemann is a double board certified plastic surgeon in his tenth year of private practice in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Hanemann specializes in aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery of the face, breasts, and body.
Dr. Hanemann has served as the president of the Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons and the president of the Capital Area Medical Society. He is currently a board member of the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (SESPRS) and a member of the Louisiana State Medical Society’s Council on Legislation.
Dr. Hanemann has published numerous peer reviewed journal articles and book chapters in the plastic surgery literature and has presented his research at regional, national, and international meetings.
As a faculty member of the Division of Plastic Surgery at LSU and Tulane Schools of Medicine, Dr. Hanemann is actively involved in the training of plastic surgery residents in cosmetic surgery and breast reconstruction.
At Plastic Surgery Consultants, Dr. Hanemann’s partners include Dr. James Wade, Dr. Anthony Stephens, Dr. Taylor Theunissen, and Dr. Trey Cusimano.
Education and Training
- Jesuit High School – New Orleans, LA (Summa Cum Laude)
- The University of Texas at Austin (Bachelor of Arts with high honors)
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine – New Orleans (Medical Doctorate)
- Alpha Omega Alpha – medical honor society
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine – New Orleans
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery residency
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Plastic Surgery residency
- University of Alabama – Birmingham (James Grotting, MD)
- Aesthetic surgery and breast reconstruction fellowship